Monday, January 07, 2008

Ahem. The Envelope Please . . .

Last month, I announced a contest for the creation of song lyrics to the tune of the "12 Days of Christmas" that incorporated references to the Pear Tree Pen Company in one way, shape or form. I received a flurry of entries and posted the 5 finalists to the Marketplace section of the Fountain Pen Network and here on my blog.

I then invited my readers and members of that illustrious forum to vote for their favorite. Today, the day after the traditional "12th Day of Christmas," I'm proud to announce the winner. But first, a word from our sponsor.

OK, just kidding.The winner of the first ever "12-Days-of-Christmas" Lyric Writing Contest goes to: Entry No. 4 and its author, the pseudonymous Blueiris!

Let's all give her our congratulations for an outstanding entry. For those who missed it, the winning entry is:

On the 12th line of my wish-list from Pear Tree Company:
- 12 Parkers Duofold-ing-
-11 Charlestons dancing....
- 10 Gatsbys THINKing....
- 9 Mega Ink Balls rolling....
- 8 Omases bling-ing....
- 7 blotters rocking....
- 6 kits for mixing....
- 5 Sailor Kings!....
- 4 Pelikan birds....
- 3 French-ruled pads.....
- 2 tortoise pens
and a cartridge from James P.!

And let's not forget to thank our contest finalists. Thanks for playing and I have some prizes for each of you waiting backstage. Seriously. So each contest finalist, please contact me with your name and contact information so I can pop something in the mail to you. I appreciate the wit and the sense of humor of each of you, and you deserve something for your effort and your creativity.

Regards,
James P.

No comments: