Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Fresh Fruit at the Pear Tree Pen Company

Since the new Raspberry Al-Star and Lime Safari were announced several months ago, a number of you have asked me when the new colors from Lamy will be available. Unfortunately, I was unable to give a definite answer other than "5-6 weeks" because Lamy's US Distributor was kept guessing, too. Then, all of a sudden, while I was away on my bike trip (great time, by the way), The Pear Tree Pen Company received its shipment of the new Lamy Al-Star in Raspberry and the Lamy Safari in Lime.

They are pretty cool looking - the Raspberry is more red than the photos would lead one to believe, almost terracotta in some light, and would pair quite well with a Terre de Feu from J. Herbin.

The Lime, to my eye at least, looks more like a Bartlett pear than a Lime. It would look great filled with one of Noodler's highlighting inks!


Pick yours today!

No comments: