Sunday, September 14, 2008

New: Used & Vintage Pens at the Pear Tree Pen Company

I've been working like the proverbial one-armed paper hanger the last few days adding pens and updating the Pear Tree Pen Co. website, in addition to trying to get your orders out to you all in a timely fashion. To say it's been a challenge would be an understatement. But it's been a blast, and that's why I keep doing this.

Today, I was able to add a new section to the site I've been mulling about for some time: The "Used, Demo & Vintage" section. There, you'll find a growing selection of pre-owned pens from a variety of sources: from my personal collection, pens on consignment, or even pens I've taken on a "trade-in, trade-up" basis.

While the steps I took this afternoon are some of the first in a journey I've been contemplating for a long time, but there's a long way to go. So far, I've only added a half-dozen pens (few of which are fountain pens - most are ballpoints or rollerballs, with a Montblanc Oscar Wilde LE mechanical pencil tossed in for good measure). But the journey has just begun, and I've got at least another 50 pens to add that will go into this section. Look for additional items soon, like the classic Lamy 27, a Montblanc 220, several Parker Vacumatics, A Waterman's Ink-Vue, a millenium's worth of Waterman Hundred-Year Pens, a variety of Sheaffer Balances and, of course, the ubiquitous Parker "51." And more.

I hope that many of you who may be considering buying a new pen in the future might consider trading me some older pens you no longer want as part of my evolving "trade-in" program. Let me know what you have, and perhaps we'll be able to help each other out.

Thanks for stopping by!

James P.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be eagerly awaiting your additions to this area! A great idea that allows me to add to my collection pens I would not otherwise buy.